Our Leadership Candidate Program focuses energy on developing intellectual property for the marketplace. We do this by managing the business plan in-house. Each plan is designed to readily take advantage of existing businesses, investors and other regional resources to ensure our plans under development co-exist meaningfully in the regional business community.
We focus on various solutions for the marketplace that result in a maximum opportunity to produce employment at a professional class status. We curate intellectual property in a way that maximizes financial benefit to the incubator, the inventor and all other stakeholders to the project.
We are ‘Percolators’.
In this way, we are turning the meaningless idea of the pitch contest on its head. We seek leadership candidates and we train and develop the future employees bringing to bear strategic relationships, namely with our regional academic institutions (Mount Wachusett Community College, Fitchburg State University) and workforce organizations (MassHire, North Central Workforce Board). This core programming is our response to real-time experience we’re encountering in our regional business community. We believe our approach is sound and is replicable in a number of regional scenarios. We are committed to the singular purpose of discovering what comes next for Gardner and its neighbors. Our clients, funders, academic peers and citizens deserve no less.
• The WBI approach ensures a focus on getting your IP to market.
• The WBI does not ask for a controlling interest in your business. Our proposals are fair to all
parties allowing you the opportunity to retain control of your business.
• Focus on what you do best. Generate ideas while the WBI brings your ideas to market.
• WBI retains IP in order to mitigate risk to you and to all stakeholders.
• The WBI curates intellectual Property for maximum benefit to all stakeholders.
• WBI empowers leadership candidates and future employees creating the right team.
Want to learn more? Contact us today regarding the benefits of working with the Wachusett Business Incubator.
Scott M. Graves is Executive Director of the Wachusett Business Incubator and founder of Smash Music, an independent music education and merchandising company in Massachusetts. Find out how you can benefit from the WBI’s Leadership Candidates Program.